1. MAT will only carry out orders under the following conditions. The principal/hirer accepts these terms/conditions for the present order and at the same time for all additional and future business with MAT.
2. The level of the rental/hiring fee for the let equipment is determined by the MAT price-list, that is valid at the time of contract or the prices fixed in the individual written offer. The prices run from MAT stock, expenses to and for are not included.
They will be charged extra to the principal`s account. The full daily rate has to be paid for equipment, that is either fetched or delivered before 12.a.m. or not returned before 12 a.m. . In case, the hired equipment is provably not used on sundays and public holidays during hiring time, these times will not be taken into account. Transport and other parking time will be charged with 50 % of the daily rate. All-inclusive prices are only valid with written agreement.
3. The principal is liable for the accurate handling of the equipment. He has to verify during delivery at the place of delivery the proper quality of the hired equipment inclusive accessories.
Dissatisfied principal`s complaints have to be put in writing immediately after delivery. If the principal does not make use of this right he will automatically admit the proper quality of the equipment.The principal will be responsible for the completeness of the rented equipment including accessories and that it will not be damaged from delivery at the place of delivery up to the returning to the place of delivery.
4. Damage done to MAT equipment and vehicles belongs to the principal`s responsibilities. The principal commits to MAT to insure at his own account the equipment against all risks that he or a third party is responsible for, that means from delivery or taking over at MAT store up to returning to MAT store.
5. Delivery or transport off the place of delivery will always be due to the principal`s account and risk. He accepts the danger risk though carriage paid delivery has been arranged.
6. Claims for damages against MAT are only possible in the point of gross and wilful negligence and limited by the agreed hiring-fee. The same will be valid if the principal or a third party suffers loss because of MAT or the breakdown or failure of rented equipment during time of contract and will include every performance made available by MAT. Receivables of indirect damages are excluded.
7. The principal has to report immediately to MAT all damages or the loss of equipment. All the necessary repairs are charged to his account.
8. The principal is not allowed to lend or give or manipulate the rented equipment without permission. If not explicitly arranged in another way the equipment is only allowed to be used or transported inside the Federal Republic of Germany.
9. If an order is not carried out on no account of MAT `s responsi- blity, MAT is allowed to charge 50% of the list-price without a damage proof. If an already started order is finished in advance – without any responsibility of MAT – MAT is entitled to charge the entire sum of the charge for this order. Other claims for damages of MAT lie outside the scope of this.
10. Both parties of the contract have the right to prove that a minor, major or no damage was caused.
11. The principal takes notice that MAT may entrust also other contractors, that means to substitute the capacity of other proprietors for fulfilling its contractual-duties. Therefore bills of other contractors may be part of the invoice.
12. MAT has the right to be named in all medias in the creditlist as follows: “MAT Specialized Remote Camera Systems”.
13. MAT`s invoices are to be paid within 14 days without discount. If the terms of payment are overdrawn MAT will have the right to add 5% above the valid Federal Bank interest rate to the invoice. If MAT takes a bill of exchange instead of payment all the resulting extra expenses will be charged to the principal`s account. Only when a bill of exchange is honoured in time and all extras are paid, the invoice is considered totally paid.
14. The principal is not allowed to set off MAT`s claims against him against other than valid or disallowed by MAT or not disputed counter-claims.
15. Alterations and complements to the concluded contract will only be binding if written approval by MAT exists.
16. Place of performance and forum for all the vicarious and directly rights and duties resulting out of the privity of contract with MAT will be in each case MAT `s place of business.
17. The principal validates explicitely by placing the order to have taken notice of these general conditions of contract and to have agreed to them in their entirety.
MAT – Film + TV Camera Technology GmbH
D 13355 Berlin
Managing Director / Geschäftsführer: Peter Braun
Registered District Court / Handelsregister: Berlin / HRB 158466 B
Tax ID / UST ID: 01DE118581185
Limitation of liability for internal content
The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot assume any liability for the up-to-dateness, completeness or accuracy of any of the pages.
Pursuant to section 7, para. 1 of the TMG (Telemediengesetz – Tele Media Act by German law), we as service providers are liable for our own content on these pages in accordance with general laws. However, pursuant to sections 8 to 10 of the TMG, we as service providers are not under obligation to monitor external information provided or stored on our website. Once we have become aware of a specific infringement of the law, we will immediately remove the content in question. Any liability concerning this matter can only be assumed from the point in time at which the infringement becomes known to us.
Limitation of liability for external links
Our website contains links to the websites of third parties (“external links”). As the content of these websites is not under our control, we cannot assume any liability for such external content. In all cases, the provider of information of the linked websites is liable for the content and accuracy of the information provided. At the point in time when the links were placed, no infringements of the law were recognisable to us. As soon as an infringement of the law becomes known to us, we will immediately remove the link in question.
The content and works published on this website are governed by the copyright laws of Germany. Any duplication, processing, distribution or any form of utilisation beyond the scope of copyright law shall require the prior written consent of the author or authors in question.
A visit to our website can result in the storage on our server of information about the access (date, time, page accessed). This does not represent any analysis of personal data (e.g., name, address or e-mail address). If personal data are collected, this only occurs – to the extent possible – with the prior consent of the user of the website. Any forwarding of the data to third parties without the express consent of the user shall not take place.
We would like to expressly point out that the transmission of data via the Internet (e.g., by e-mail) can offer security vulnerabilities. It is therefore impossible to safeguard the data completely against access by third parties. We cannot assume any liability for damages arising as a result of such security vulnerabilities.
The use by third parties of all published contact details for the purpose of advertising is expressly excluded. We reserve the right to take legal steps in the case of the unsolicited sending of advertising information; e.g., by means of spam mail.